top of page
  • Writer's pictureTai Manivong

Building a new vocal booth part 2

Finally after a week and some days, I finally had some time to work on my vocal booth.

I started with making the walls. Each wall was filled with Rockwool safe and sound and then covered with insulation foam board. Last I stapled on a moving blanket to cover the wall.


Yes, sadly while taking apart the old wall , I tore a moving blanket. But Its fine with the insulation board under.


Next I began making the ceiling. Putting it together wasn't bad, but pushing it up on top was hard when are doing it alone. (Single mom problems), and also I could have asked for help, but I just do things in the moment.

Ok back to the top. It fit perfectly, 3" down into the booth. Very proud of this moment.


Next I worked on the door which was created similarly to the walls. First I made a frame with 2x4's.


I think it looks good for a particle board wall. Maybe I will cover it with moving blankets in the future. Yes the cuts are crooked, cut it using a jig saw.. 🤷‍♀️

The only problem is that there a gaps in the door that will let sound in. So now I need to research a method to cover these spaces. In the next post I will share my solution and the setup for my microphone, computer and digital audio workstation (DAW).



17 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Opmerkingen


bottom of page